C. Plath Venus Compass Specifications:
- 5ø card
- 5-3/4" Apparent Card Size
- Full spherical construction with internal gimbal system.
- Balanced for use in northern and southern hemispheres.
- Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1°. Lag error: less than or equal to 2°.
- Oscillation period: less than or equal to 4.7 sec. These values exceed the ISO norm (International Organization of Standards).
- Temperature range: -22°F to 158°F. Corresponds with the ISO norm for commercial shipping.
- Vibration resistance exceeds the requirements of the BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
- Seawater resistant light alloy housing with super-strong glass dome that is insensitive to ultraviolet radiation. Guaranteed for life against cracking, crazing and yellowing under normal use.
- Dished card with 1° graduation.
- Red dazzle-free illumination for 12 volt (24V by special request.)
- Oscillation-free double bottom compensates volume changes in compass fluid.
- Accuracy at all angles of heel insured by the full internal gimbal system.
- Apparent card diameter: 5-3/4" (150mm).
- Cutout diameter: 6" (152mm).
- Weight of compass: 6 lbs. 12 oz.
- Weight of cylinder: 4 lbs. 1 oz.
- Three year warranty on body.
- Lifetime warranty on glass dome.
Customers Also Purchased